Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

It has been awhile!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I have not posted in so long! As you can imagine, things got very busy at the end of the semester, with Ryan taking a lot of tests. Things were pretty stressful, as you can imagine. He had a big practical, then a week later he had his last mini of semester one, and five days later he had his final. It was intense! I thought I'd at least do one big catch-up post, and then I'll make other, shorter posts with more details about our activities over the next few days.

But now it's the most wonderful time in the world... semester break! Ryan and I are loving this time together. It has been wonderful to be able to have this time to spend with each other and not have to worry about him needing to leave to go study, or about the next test. For now we have all the time in the world! And the wonderful news is that Ryan passed all of his exams and did very well- we're now in second semester!

We have been keeping ourselves very busy despite the break. First of all- the big news is that we have moved! We moved out of our old apartment on the 28th of April, and into our big, beautiful new place. We've taken a video of it, but Ryan's trying to make it all fancy with special effects, so it might not be up for another day or two. This place is wonderful, and we love it very much! We are so happy we moved. We did end up having a bit of drama when we left our old place- the landlord refused to give us back all of our security deposit! He claimed we'd left sneaker marks on the walls, which he insisted were freshly painted when we moved in.

Ok, y'all, those walls had sneaker marks when we moved in, and there is no way that place was freshly painted when we moved in. The previous tenant had placed stickers on the wall, labels that said things like 'histo' and 'anatomy'. Clearly he or she had placed their books and notes along the wall. The labels were there when we moved in, and still there when we moved out. When we tried to point out that it was unlikely that he (the landlord) would've painted and then replaced the stickers, he refused to listen. Oh well, we are out of there and that's well worth the 168 EC that it cost us.

Other than that, we've been busy working with Welcoming Committee. Yes, we are actually making money! Our job is to work different events that help the new students settle in. We took a group shopping in Roseau, and we've spent a few nights welcoming students that have just arrived on the island. It's very busy, and the students all have a lot of questions, but it is a lot of fun. When we're not working, we've been exploring the island! We rented a car for the break and have really been enjoying it. We've gone on several different hikes and been shopping in Roseau. The car was also wonderful when we were moving!

Well, I'll stop for now. Ryan and I are going to relax and watch a movie- we're pretty tired! I'll update more tomorrow with details on our activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment