Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, February 1, 2010

We're happy to announce...

that in late August we'll have a new addition to our family! Baby Quarles will be born right around Ryan's birthday (August 19th) and we couldn't be happier.

We are absolutely thrilled and very excited. We'd planned to wait a few more years before having children, but our new motto is "You plan, God laughs!". Who are we to argue if God feels that the time is right? We're healthy, happy, and we'll be back in the States in late April so this is pretty good timing. We will be moving to either Michigan or Miami, and we will keep you updated as we know more.

To answer some questions I'm sure you have- no we don't know if it is a boy or a girl. We had our first ultrasound, but it is still a bit early to tell. I'm just about three months now. Even if it wasn't too early, Ryan and I do want to wait to find out if we're going to be having a little boy or a little girl. The idea of it being a surprise really excites us- and we really don't care either way! Although Ryan did dream it was a little boy the other night... we'll have to wait and see if he's right!

Yes, there is health care and prenatal care down here. We found out I was pregnant over break, and I brought prenatal vitamins back with me. I've seen the doctors on campus and I have an appointment with an OB-GYN in Roseau. Apparently he's a REALLY great guy, he was recommended to me by a friend. We'll be seeing him on Friday afternoon. We will be back in the States before I am six months, so there's no need to worry about traveling, and we will find an OB-GYN wherever we end up. You don't need to worry that baby and I are missing out on any important tests or care while we're down on the island!


Yup, I've been feeling pretty yucky. Morning sickness is such a lie, it lasts all day! I've been feeling sick for about a month, and there have only been a couple of days that I haven't actually gotten sick. I try to manage it by eating a lot of small meals, every few hours, and I try to avoid foods that gross me out (like eggs, which I normally love, and can't stand the sight or smell of now). Yes, I'm eating plenty of fruits and vegetables! I have actually been having fruit smoothies practically every day since we've been back. They're good, and I can keep them down easily. Other than feeling sick, I'm just tired, but I'm told that I can only expect to be more tired after the baby is born, so I'm considering this as practice!

I've included photos of our first ultrasound- it's not very clear, as the ultrasound machine near campus isn't the best quality. There is a much better one in Roseau. But this does allow you to catch a glimpse of our little one. Ryan's convinced that this is the cutest baby ever- although don't ask us which end is the head and which end is the feet!

Keep us in your prayers- We'd really, really love to end up in Michigan, which is a much cheaper location than Miami, which is especially important with a baby on the way. We hope that if we go to Michigan we can stay there for about 2 years while Ryan starts his rotations. Pray that this morning sickness ends- it can be pretty tiring!

We are so happy to be able to share our news with you, and we are sorry we weren't able to so earlier... it has been very hard not to share this happy news!

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys, Sarah! That is very exciting, and you are right, "morning sickness" is such a mis-nomer! Also, I had a dream before I even knew I was pregnant that I had a little girl, so I do think there is something to those kinds of dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booooo YAH! Grandpa doing the little happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sarah and Ryan! This is wonderful news! Hopefully, we'll be living near each other again for 5th and meet Baby Q!

    Love,
    Grace and Justin

    ReplyDelete