I'm thinking about that a lot today, because Ross just announced assignments for fifth semester. As I've said, Ryan and I were hoping we'd be assigned to Saginaw, Michigan. Well, we learned today that we'll be heading to Miami with a large portion of the class.
I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a bit disappointed. I was counting on Saginaw. I'd sent my application to jobs, found a place for the horse, and was thinking about apartments. Miami has really thrown me for a loop and the higher cost of living is stressing me out a bit right now. I also think the likelihood of me finding a summer job while pregnant and not being fluent in Spanish is extremely low. I'm pretty bummed too because between the cost of horse care near Miami and some horse related crimes that have been happening in the Miami-Dade county it's several more months away from my ponies, which was more than I was counting on.
I'm not ready to say good-bye to friends. Many will still be here in Dominica, and Neil and Jen will be in Michigan. Grace and Whitney will be in Miami with me, but I can't imagine being apart from Jen and Neil. I knew we had to all say goodbye one day, but I guess I was counting on one day being a lot farther away than it is now. I've got so many close friends down here, and I know that this will be a final goodbye for many of them. It's going to be so hard, and I think the thought of saying goodbye is really tearing me up right now. Dominica is our home, and we made a life here, with close friendships and routines and it will be hard to leave- especially since we were so hoping to go to Michigan.
But hey, it's life, right? We've got few more months of sunshine before we're done with this tropical weather. And there are benefits to Miami. I have many friends in Miami right now, some of whom I thought I'd never see again. I have family in Florida. It's not forever- we couldn't afford it for very long while living off of loans- and who knows, we may love it.
And, of course, there is the big benefit. Many of you know my intense adoration of CSI Miami. The acting is just indescribable. Who would have thought that a person could convey as much emotion as Horatio Kane does when he removes his sunglasses? What talent! He absolutely blows me away with his skills.
Yes, I'm joking- mocking Horatio Kane is one of my favorite pastimes, and I think my goal for Miami will be to end up as an extra on the show. I'll let you know if I make it- I'll remove my sunglasses in the background. It'll be stellar.
Don't you think I'd be a great addition to this poster? If they let such bad actors onto the show, I know I have a shot as the overly emotional pregnant woman (with a tragic past, of course!).
Sarah, I'm sorry you guys didn't get in to Michigan. We were really hoping to get in as well. I am very excited you'll be in Miami with us, though. You can count me in as a partner for an extra! We'll go to all the castings! That would be a cool experience to try at least once! Have you seen Dexter? It is set in Miami but I don't know if it's filmed there. Justin loves that series now. Enjoy your last days in Dominica. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. :)
ReplyDeleteUPDATE UPDATE UPDATE the blog - all your friends STILL think you are going to Miami!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to MICHIGAN! Wooooo HOOOOO!