Two weeks ago, when my family was here (more on that in another post), Ryan and I went to an ultrasound. I was nervous at first- I've never seen my baby! At the first ultrasound the doctor let Ryan look but not me. The room we had this second ultrasound in was nice. We got to watch the whole thing on a large LCD tv on the wall. I was tense at first, and nearly panicked because when the baby popped up it wasn't moving at all. Then I saw it's little heart thump-thump-thumping away, and I took a big breath! Almost immediately baby started wiggling around, ALL over the place.
The ultrasound tech was awesome (I love my doctor's office). Ryan and I really expected a quick 5 to 10 minute scan of baby- she took closer to 45 minutes! She showed us baby's head (there's a nice brain in the skull), and face (two eyes, nose, mouth), heart (four chambers, yay!), stomach, spine, internal organs, legs, arms, and hands and feet. Everything looks great. It was hard for her to follow Baby Q and get all the measurements because Baby Q didn't want to hold still. It was too early to tell sex (boys and girls usually look the same at 16 weeks) and Ryan and I want to wait anyways.
Our favorite part of the ultrasound? When the tech was showing us baby's right hand. She said "There are one, two, three, four, five fingers, yay!" And Baby Q gave us a thumbs up! We started laughing, it totally made my day. Baby wanted to let us know everything is going just fine.
We ended the ultrasound when Baby Q put his or her hands over his/her ears. Baby was saying "Enough! I'm done for today!" The tech printed off a photo for us (not the thumbs up one, but that's ok) and so I've posted it here. You can see Baby Q's little hands covering his or her ears. The slight alien appearance is normal- don't worry! I think Baby Q is absolutely adorable, and I'm sure you'll agree.
Baby Q is currently breech, but that really means absolutely nothing at this stage in the game. He or she has WEEKS to flip over, and probably will flip over and flip back a few times. That's just the way Baby Q felt like hanging out for the ultrasound.
I hope you enjoy the photo, feel free to give our baby a thumbs up!
No comments:
Post a Comment