But I had to share what we found in our fridge the other day... it's bad, be warned. And yes, of course I took photos of the nastiness! And let me make it clear, this is nothing that Ryan or I did... this mess was left over from the previous tenant and we were just lucky enough to find it.
There'd been this nasty smell in the kitchen for a few days, and we had looked for it a few times, but never managed to find it. I kept thinking that it must be coming in from outside, that something had died close to our building and that was what we were smelling. Turns out, I was wrong, the smell was inside the whole time.
One night, it bothered Ryan enough that he started tearing the kitchen apart looking for it. He opened every single food container we had in the kitchen, checked all the cupboards, pulled everything out of the fridge, looked under the fridge and stove and cupboards in case there was something dead under there... but he had no luck, until he checked the drip tray of the fridge.
As soon as he found it, he pulled it out and yelled for me to grab the camera and come get a photo. I walked into the kitchen and honestly felt nauseous for a moment. That smell was BAD. The tray was filled with water and fungus and bacteria, and other things I probably don't want to know about. We hadn't really spilled anything in the fridge, so we're guessing that the previous tenant must have, just before he or she moved out. Then we plug in the fridge, let the drip tray get nice and warm, and make a perfect little bacteria habitat. YUCK!
I'm sure you all want to see photos, so here you go!
No comments:
Post a Comment