Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Ready for the weekend!

So it's Finally Friday! and Ryan and I are very happy that we'll be able to sleep in tomorrow. We aren't going to market (which requires us to get up about 6AM on Saturday mornings) because we still have plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables from last week. It just feels like it's been a long week, and we're both pretty tired and ready to sleep in. Maybe we're still recovering from Boiling Lake!

Ryan is gearing up for another mini (the second mini is on Monday, March 9th, so send the good thoughts our way) so he's been studying a fair amount this week. I feel much more relaxed about this mini that I was about the first one. Another spouse thinks that the minis are harder on the spouses than the students. They are the ones that know the material and how well they know it and they have some control over how well they do. We just wait and home and pace and pray until we hear how things turned out! But now that I know more about how minis work, I think this next one won't be as scary. I also feel more relaxed because Ryan did so well on the first mini!

Other than Boiling Lake, it's been a fairly quiet week. Monday we did head down to Portsmouth for a few hours to enjoy carnival before things got too wild. Apparently things pick up about sundown. Ryan and I went down with a small group of friends. We were hoping to see the parade, but we ended up being a few hours early and the sun was VERY hot, so we had some ice cream and listened to a steel drum band and then walked home.

Tuesday I substituted in the school on campus for a few hours. My friend had agreed to substitute that day for the kindergarten, but then remembered she had a previous obligation in the morning, so I watched the kids for a little while. They were very cute and very well behaved. It was nice to get to know them a bit better, since I normally help out in the first and second grade class. It was Jen's birthday so she and I went to Ritual's (a little coffee shop that's a LOT like Starbucks) for a bit in the afternoon.

I ended up getting pretty sick on Tuesday night. I think I picked up some sort of 24-hour bug, and I was very grateful to Ryan for taking such great care of me. I was very impressed that he managed to take care of me and still get lots of studying done! He's a very hard worker, and I'm very proud of him.

Yesterday I spent a few hours on campus while Ryan was in anatomy lab and then I went to yoga. The yoga class is wonderful, and is located on the deck right over the ocean. It's beautiful and peaceful and the instructor is wonderful. It's a lot of fun and it really helps my hip. It's definitely something I'll bring visitors to! How many times in your life will you be able to do yoga by the sea?

This weekend should be WONDERFUL! There is a wine cruise for the spouses tomorrow. It was canceled once before due to rough seas and lack of gas, so I'm hoping this time it all works out. Saturday night there is a little carnival on campus, which should be fun. Most of the groups on campus are doing some sort of fun activity. The spouses organization is doing a ring toss, which I'll be working for awhile. PAWS will be doing a 'doggy kissing booth'. Students will buy tickets and vote which of three professors they'd like to see kiss a dog! It's very family oriented and sounds like fun.

Sunday we'll obviously have church, and it often ends up being a relaxing day that I use to catch up on housework and cooking. We miss you all and hope that you're all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment