Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Aba Wavine Cyrique- The beach adventure!

I mentioned in the other Aba Wavine Cyrique post that reaching the rock beneath the waterfall was quite an adventure. If you haven't read that post yet, I'd read that one before you read this one... it explains more of our adventure!
This first photo shows two other spouses and I trying to plan our dash out to the rock. We were trying to see if there were any big rocks between us and the rock beneath the falls... but the sea was much to rough to tell so we just risked it and went for it! Part of the problem was that the waves were so unpredictable and wild. They weren't rhythmic... they were random and rough and some were large and some were small. From left to right below that is me, Kawtar, and Briana.
Here Briana and I have reached the rock and are about to try climbing it... which was hard because the base of the rock was narrower than the top so there was nowhere to step and the whole thing was SLIPPERY so it was hard to grab. If you look at this photo, however, you can see what we both missed... the enormous wave bearing down on us! I love that you can't even see the top of the wave but what you can see is already over our heads!
Yup, and here we are, washed away. Well here I am, you can't even see Briana. I think she's somewhere in the white foam to my right, at least that's where she popped up a few seconds later. We didn't give up however, and headed right back out! Well, as soon as the wave died down enough that we COULD make our way back out to the rock.... which as you can see has completely disappeared in this shot.
Success at last! Briana and I are celebrating beneath the waterfall... which was cold! The ocean was nice and warm but the waterfall was very cold and it landed hard enough that it sort of hurt... but it was so much fun!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment