My birthday package was filled with all sorts of goodies, besides the Cadbury eggs. There were mini M&Ms, Ryan and I have already each had a package. I also got two nice sleeveless shirts, which will come in handy since it's soon going to get hot around here! I am in love with this pretty gray sundress I got. It's so lightweight and comfortable, and it looks really cute as well. I also got a copy of one of my favorite books, 'The Life of Pi'. I HIGHLY recommend it, the story is so well woven and so fascinating. I can't wait to curl up with the book! Since I lost a bottom to one of my bikinis (not while swimming, I lost it while packing at some point), I'd asked for a replacement, and I am pleased to say that the color matches perfectly! My grandma included a little rubber horse that looks almost exactly like my Nickel. The kids on the deck truly enjoyed playing with it. From my sister I got a beach cover-up, which is really cute. I love the color and it fits really well. The last few things are what I think Ryan is most excited about. We got a wonderful cake pan so that I can bake even more things.
And, by far, Ryan's favorite of all my presents... the mosquito zappers. These are essentially small plastic tennis rackets with an electrified grid. You turn it on, wave it about in the air, and ZAP you kill a bug! If it's on the floor you just lower the zapper down and touch it to the bug. I love them, I can't wait for a mosquito to make its way in here so that I can go to town! I also got a lot of cards today, from my aunt and uncle and my grandmother in Florida, as well as a bunch of them in the package. They were all great!
And, one of my favorite parts- the photos of our niece, Rebecca, included in one of the cards. Little Miss Rebecca turned one year old the day after my birthday- March 26th. She's now eating pizza and loving it- she wasn't eating pizza when I left! I can't believe how much she has grown, and both Ryan and I miss her desperately. We love you Miss Rebecca!
No comments:
Post a Comment