Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mini 2 is over!

So as you can tell by the title, the second mini of the semester is over. Minis, if you remember, are the big tests that happen three times a semester. The minis and the final determine the student's grade, with any practicals factored in as well. The mini combines all subjects... there aren't seperate exams for each topic.

I know a few posts ago I said I wouldn't be as stressed out about this test... but I lied. It was really hard this time because Ryan and the other first semester students were really stressed. This mini covered a LOT more material than the first, and they were all worried about being able to really learn all of it and be able to process it for the exam. The spouses all hung out Sunday... and we were all stressed out about the exam. I tried to stay busy Monday afternoon when Ryan was taking the test by volunteering in the school. That SORT of worked... I was only looking at the time every ten minutes as opposed to every five. The teacher said that the kids all act up more around mini time. They're picking up on the stress at home and on campus.

Mini time is also hard because the students disappear. They have to study a lot and can't spend as much time at home with their families. The spouses always try to plan lots of activities around this time so that we can stay busy too. But the good news is that all that work paid off ! Ryan did really well on this exam, the same grade that I got last time.

The other news is that Ryan got a haircut! We received a set of clippers in the barrels, and Ryan convinced me to help him cut his hair. Despite my doubts (and anyone who has seen my poodle Annie after I gave her a haircut would understand my doubts... poor poodle) I think it went pretty well. Here are two photos, one of him partway through and one of him after it was all done. I think he looks very handsome! If you look close you can see the tan line on his forehead from his bangs... it makes me laugh. A lot. But it's alright, Ryan knows I love him!


NOTE- See photos below!

No comments:

Post a Comment