Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Good news!

As I'm sure you've all realized, we made it through Tropical Storm Ana just fine. In fact, we were a surprised- it only rained for about 45 minutes and then thunder and lightening only lasted a few hours. There was no damage or wind at all! Now that the cat spent the night in, however, she's become pretty sure that she owns the place. If we open our door at all, she bolts in, sits down, and gives us that look all cats are good at- clearly saying, "I am better than you and honor you with my presence". I swear, we don't have a cat. We have cat food, cat bowls, and a litter box set up on the porch and she's always around... but we don't own a cat. Promise. Speaking of cats we don't own, does anyone have suggestions for names? We can't keep calling her Mom-Cat. If you have suggestions, post them in the comments!

The other good news is that Hurricane Bill should miss us by several hundred miles. I'm sure you've see that the storm is tracking pretty obviously northwest and will come nowhere near us. So we don't need to worry about that!

And our last piece of news for the day... I have a job! I applied for a job with the school's newspaper "The Physical Examiner". The paper was looking for new editors, so I thought I would give it a shot. I had applied last semester, and didn't get the position, but I was lucky enough to this semester! I'll hold the position until I leave the island, so I'm really excited. It was a great day- Ryan did well on his first final and I got a job! Ryan has two more tests this week, so keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment