The first bit of good news, which is a few days old, is that Frazier is alright! Frazier's living with Ryan's parents while we're down in the Caribbean, since it's very expensive to keep a dog on the island and there's not a lot of room to run around, which a lab needs to be happy. On Monday night, Frazier must have either broken the gate and jumped it, or it was already broken and he jumped it. Their other dog, Hope, stayed in the yard like a good girl, but not our Frazier. Again, Frazier is fine, but he was hit by a car. The poor driver is a senior in high school and was apparently very upset, so I feel very sorry for him. But seeing a black dog at night is very hard to do, and Frazier was trained to AVOID cars as a guide dog, so I can't figure out why he went in the road at all. But Ryan's poor family was at the vet hospital with him till about midnight, making sure that our pup was still in one piece. I guess Frazier's favoring one leg pretty badly, but he has no broken bones or internal bleeding, thank god. He's on pain meds right now and he's been very quiet. Hopefully he'll feel better soon, and hopefully he'll remember that roads and cars are dangerous! Ryan and I are just thankful that Frazier is receiving such great care and so much love.
The other bit of good news... I found horses! It's a small stable called Rainforest Riding, and it's run by a woman named Valerie, from Canada. She seems very nice and like she really cares about her horses. The nursing mares are a bit thin, but the rest are in pretty good shape considering that there is currently a shortage of pellets and that pellets are incredibly expensive! I'll probably go down a few times a week to help feed, ride and train some young horses, and help with lessons and trail rides. I'll be able to get my horse fix! It's not too far away, it's about a mile outside of Portsmouth, which is only a 6 minute bus ride away.
And one last note... our TV gets ABC! So I got to watch my Grey's Anatomy last night, which totally made my night. This means that Ryan will be able to watch Lost, and that we'll be able to watch Desperate Housewives. The station is broadcast out of Puerto Rico, which means about half the commercials are in spanish, but we're pretty happy. This means we can watch our shows when we have the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment