Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I delayed today's post in the hopes...

that I'd be able to tell you we had kittens!

Jolie seemed restless all day. She just wasn't acting like herself. I kept checking on her, hoping to see her going into labor, but there was nothing for a long time.

Then we got back from a meeting about 6:30 and she was definitely in labor at last! She moved through pretty quickly and had her fifth kitten about forty minutes ago (about 10:00). We've decided to let her rest for the night now. Jolie is one tired kitty! If we get up to find a sixth kitten... well, so be it. She's a great momma and has been a real star so she'll be just fine.

I managed to see numbers three, four, and five be born. I actually helped her out with number four! She was struggling to tear the bag open, so I did it for her. She's had one litter before, but she seemed to be having trouble so I gave her a hand. It was amazing to watch number four take its first breath and start to move and cry after I had helped it!

Five was born when our neighbors (who also feed Jolie) stopped up to check on her and her kittens. I'm restricting visitors, but since she wasn't at all bothered by Ryan and I being there, I didn't think she would mind having a quick visit from the other people who feed her- and she didn't! She's a sweet cat and a good mother- but this is her last litter, even if I have to ship her back to the States to be spayed... does anyone want a cat? Just kidding!

I've posted a slide show, but it is a tad gory in parts. Nothing bad at all, but you do see some blood (we got photos of kitten number four being born) so if that bothers you, don't play the slide show.

No comments:

Post a Comment