I'm serious. Of all the stores I miss, I really think that Target is at the top of the list. It's just such a nice clean store and it has good prices and good selection. I'd take Target over Walmart any day! Although there are times I long for a Walmart Supercenter, it really is Target I miss the most.
Like right now, for example. Ryan and I have spent the last month or so looking for a set of speakers. We don't want to ship a pair in and pay the ridiculous customs fees, but we would love a pair for our television. Our television has terrible sound quality, it always plays the background music much louder than the dialogue, no matter what setting we use. It's frustrating at times, and it means we can't watch loud action movies or musicals on our television. We thought that if we had a cheap but decent set of speakers the sound issue would be all fixed.
We have had no luck at all! There were no students selling them at the fourth semester sale. We checked a number of stores, but most of them are selling these HUGE speaker systems that are designed for cars or dance clubs, and no small speakers. We finally did find a small set of speakers- and they cost about 200 dollars US! That's just ridiculous!
There are so many other things I'd love to buy... body wash, shave gel, a few good books, a new camera, a new waffle maker, hair ties, new clothes (I love Target's clothes!)... I could go on and on! So indulge me in a virtual shopping spree! We'll start with the speakers, which are only thirty bucks! Wow! That's a big savings from two hundred!
Now for the camera. Mine hasn't been acting right at all since the last time Ryan and I went to Aba Wavine Cyrique. We didn't drop it and it was a dry hike, so the camera didn't get wet- it spent the hike in a plastic bag in its case! Every time I turn the camera on, it takes a photo every ten seconds and will not stop until the camera is turned off again. I can't tell it to take a photo myself- it doesn't work. I just turn it on and point it toward what I want a photo of and wait. I can't zoom in or out or take a video- although my camera will take videos on its own occasionally. It also started to turn itself off and on. The battery suddenly stopped charging, so now the camera really is useless with absolutely no battery. We tried leaving my camera in a box of rice for awhile, which is a great fix because sometimes electronic things are damaged by the humidity down here, but even that failed! We plan on exchanging the camera (which has a protection plan) when we're home next but it's still frustrating to be without a camera! Here's my pick for my replacement!
And last but not least, our waffle maker sadly died a few days ago, mid-breakfast! Ryan and I bought one from a spouse down here (our nice one is in storage in the States) and we LOVED it. Jen and Neil borrowed it frequently too, and they were also very sad to learn of the wafflemaker's passing. Belgian waffles... so good!
None of these things are things we need, and we are happy down here. But there are times that I wish I could just go to a store and find everything I need for once! It would be nice! Do me a favor and go visit a Target for me... let me know how it was!
No comments:
Post a Comment