Ryan and I were working our second to last Welcoming Committee activity, the Island Tour. The Island Tour visits Freshwater Lake, Tralfagar Falls, Morne Bruce, and Scott's Heads... which makes for a very long day. It isn't that bad of a trip, but it is our third time doing it, so we weren't really looking forward to it. We were relieved to find that the first semester students on our buses were all really nice and courteous, which made the trip much better than last semester!
A large part of the problem is that I was not feeling well at all. I went to the clinic today and the doctor is pretty sure that I have a stomach ulcer. Ryan keeps joking that he stressed me out by being around all break and gave me an ulcer. That's not true of course, but my stomach really does hurt a lot! We'll know for sure that it's an ulcer when we get the test results back, but for now I have some nice medicines which helps me feel better. I also have to cut caffiene, soda, juice, fruits, tomato products, spicy foods, tea... basically everything fun!
Yesterday was rough for Ryan for another reason. He was bit by a centipede! Oh my gosh, I am so, so scared of those bugs and then poor Ryan was bitten! We were sitting at a picnic table at Scott's Head, on the beach, when he all of a sudden yelped and slapped at his arm. Then he yelled "CENTIPEDE!" and smacked my leg... when he knocked it off his arm it fell onto my leg. I was really, really lucky and didn't get bit. They're grouchy little bugs! He was lucky too- it was just a little baby centipede, only an inch or so long. It wasn't even red yet! He did still get a big red welt and it swelled up- but it could've been worse!
We did, of course, kill the centipede. Here's Ryan holding his 'prize'. He smashed it so hard that it stuck to the rock. He banged the centipede probably five or six times HARD and then I pounded it a bit- I don't trust them!- and it was STILL MOVING about twenty minutes later! These things don't die!!!
We were very happy to get home last night and were very happy to curl up together and watch a movie. It was a very relaxing end to a long day. It POURED last night in the middle of the night, so we didn't get a completely restful night- Ryan had to get up in the middle of the night to close the windows because it was raining on our bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment