I thought I'd just do a quick post about what has been going on in our lives the last few days!
Ryan has started his third semester of medical school- which means he's officially a second year med student! I'm so proud of my amazing husband. I can't tell you how hard he works! He studies all day, every day, generally from about 8AM until bed time. He does of course, take breaks for food... although when test time rolls around he just studies while he eats! That's just what he has to do to keep up in classes. Not only does he work incredibly hard at med school, but he's an amazing husband. Even though he's busy he still takes the time to talk to me about my day and makes sure that we get to spend time together just relaxing. This semester he'll be working even harder- before he'd have four to five hours of class a day. This semester he have six to eight hours of lecture per day! Wow!
I've been starting to work on my articles for the newspaper. The other editor and I worked it out- I'll be in charge of putting the paper together (which means I'll get experience with Microsoft Publisher!) and Liz will be in charge of printing and distributing the paper. Our first issue will be out October 1st... I'll have to link to it so that you can all read it!
Our big news of the week is that we have running water in our apartment once more! When it rains hard, the filters in the pipes tend to clog with mud and the water pressure drops big time. Since we live up a pretty populated hill, on the third floor of a large building, we actually tend to lose pressure about once a day. Normally it's not too bad- we just can't shower during peak use hours. But after the really heavy storms we'll lose water for a few days at a time- which is why we keep a pretty big stock of water on hand! Generally we have about four to five gallons of drinkable water (which we can refill on campus as needed) and about ten or more gallons of undrinkable water. This water isn't really dirty- we do treat it with bleach- and we use it to flush the toliet, wash the dishes, wash our hands... that sort of thing.
There are still no kittens, although I am REALLY hoping that they arrive soon! Jolie is absolutely huge. I worry about her a bit! She's still her sweet friendly self- just a lot slower moving than usual. I kitten proofed the porch, so that no more kittens can take a tumble! I know I keep saying it will happen soon, but I really think it will be tonight or tomorrow. I've been wrong before though, so don't hold me to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment