All five kittens are doing well today. They are nursing well and moving around fairly well (they can't walk yet but they kind of drag themselves around) and they all have nice loud voices when they get a little bit seperated from their littermates or when their poor mother goes to grab a bite of food.
They eat and sleep constantly. When they're sleeping their poor mother tries to sneak away (and away is all of five feet) to get some food they wake up and start to cry so she goes rushing back. She's such a good mother, but she must be so tired and hungry! Don't worry, Jolie does get plenty of food, she just has to eat it a bite or two at a time.
We've already started spreading the word about the kittens and there are a few people interested in giving a kitten a home! We don't have five homes yet, but they were only born last night so I don't think we're doing too badly!
I didn't realize how stressed out I was and how much I was worrying about Jolie! It was scary how large she was and I was nervous about her delivery. There are no emergency vets down here, and a c-section would have been pretty much impossible. She's not a big cat and her belly was so large it made me very nervous. I was also worried about how many kittens she was going to have. I'd guessed she would have three. Five kittens is more than I'd have liked, but it is much better than eight- which was what some people guessed!
Here's a photo of me giving a kiss to the #4- the little one I helped be born. Doesn't he have the cutest little face?
Here is Jolie with all five of her babies. Aren't they sweet? She purrs constantly when she's with her babies.
Sarah, I saw the kittens on facebook, but I can't see them on the blog. The pics are too big on my computer for some reason. Anyway, they're going to be so cute. I wish I could hold one now! -grace
ReplyDeleteI fixed it Grace! Ryan's camera takes such good photos that the files are huge and I forgot to edit the photos before I posted them.
ReplyDeleteWe all miss you! I hope life in the Bahamas is going well. Things down here aren't the same without you.