As you know I'm part of PAWS, which works with the strays on campus. PAWS tried to set up a spay/neuter date, but the vet had to cancel because he had some sort of emergency appointment- which is very understandable when you're the only vet on the island! Well, he's not the only one, but one vet does not practice and has no equipment and the other one believes that spaying and neutering is against God's plan. Dr. Toussaint, who helps out with PAWS, is absolutely wonderful and we appreciate all that he does.
Right now PAWS doesn't have the money to spay and neuter, we got to get money from Ross. But as you can see, it is a bit late to spay her. It is still possible... but I'm pretty sure that this cat's about to go any day now and I don't think we can set up an appointment that quickly. This is just another part of island life. There are a lot more animals than there are vets, and there's just not enough time in the day for the vets to care for them all. I really can't complain, because I know that it's the same for healthcare for the people of the island.
On a lighter note, here are some photos of Jolie! She is not very agile at all right now and has a lot of trouble getting onto chairs or jumping into our laps. She doesn't really want to move around much- normally she is pretty active and only spends a few nights a week on our porch. Jolie hasn't wanted to leave the porch for a few days now! I thought earlier that she might be going into labor, but now I'm not so sure. The poor cat can't turn quickly at all- she has a very wide turning radius at the moment!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment