Well, we didn't make it out for lunch at Red Rock last night, but we did make it there for dinner! A lot of businesses were closed due to the storm so we got our rental van at 4:30pm rather than 9am. We didn't have to pay, luckily, but it did mess our plans up a bit.
In the end we decided that we were very happy to have dinner at Red Rock. The atmosphere was lovely and the food was wonderful! Ryan and I were watching the waves and he asked me how we could ever take a vacation again when we'd lived in such a beautiful spot. He was joking of course, but the beauty down here really is shocking.
I cannot say enough about how great the food was. I had the Caribbean Pizza and Sweet Potato Fries. So amazing! The owner's dogs knew who the softy of the table was and sat right behind me. We reassured the owners that they weren't bothering us. It was nice to see some fat dogs because we see so many skinny ones!
While we were waiting for our food and exploring the beach I found a lovely large shell that is perfectly intact. I was so excited! I brought it back with me of course, and will have to find a place of honor for it. I've never found such a large, perfect shell before. Enjoy the photos of our night!
I actually am writing this post on Thursday night, but it will be posted on Friday, while we are hiking. My computer does lovely things like that for me. So while you read this, think of us hiking those huge, volcanic hills!
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment